zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Su She <suhsheka...@gmail.com>
Subject X post from Kafka - Can't start zookeeper on an EC2 instance in public subnet BindException
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:26:05 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I have had no problems using Zookeeper on my EC2 instances which are in a
private subnet. However, I when I used the same setup for a new set of
instances in a public subnet, I cannot start zookeeer. I am starting
zookeeper by downloading kafka and then starting the zookeeper-server.
Thank you for the help! This is the error:

ERROR Unexpected exception, exiting abnormally
(org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain)
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:444)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:436)
        at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:214)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)