zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Kambiz Niktabar <nikta...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Fully redundant installation of ZooKeeper
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 08:50:22 GMT
Hi,
We are using ZooKepper ensembles to manage configuration files of our Solr environment. Basically
our servers are distributed to two different physical locations (e.g. Site A and Site B) which
every location has its own maintenance window for security patching, etc. That means during
the maintenance time, it might happens that all servers in site A will be unavailable.Since
the majority of ZooKeeper instances needs to be up and running to have ZooKeeper available,
this forces us to perform maintenance on the site with minority instances manually.I wonder
if there is any smart way to setup Zookeeper to have fully redundant service for these two
location without involving any manual job?please advise
RegardsKambiz Niktabar