zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Question about the two-phrase commit
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 20:41:48 GMT
Hi folks,

This is really intersting post. It leads me to become more and more
confitable about Zab implementation.

I just want to make sure in bit1129 second scanario "2. A,B,C starts first
Assume A is the leader since it has more recent transaction id, then the
whole quorum will have this write because B,C  will sync with A. At last,
the whole quorum will have the write.

In this scenario, we assume only one follower persist the operation and ack,
meaning that the quorum has not reached because B and C didn't persist and
ack.

Here I am really wondering how Zab can has such transaction replicated in
memory even the transaction has not got enough majority?

Thank you

Ibrahim