zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Redmumba <redmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper don't use Nagle algorithm>
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 17:15:49 GMT
I also don't work on ZooKeeper, but I'm curious as to where you think this
isn't being used, where it could be.

When a client is connecting to ZK to perform an action, it's expecting a
response immediately--not until a certain threshold of requests has been
reached.  I.e., if your app says "lock this thing", it will expect an
immediate call to the service.

If the service is requesting the data field on a node, then it's not
sending it one char at a time--it's combining it into reasonably sized
chunks because it knows the amount of data that is being sent.  If it gets
to the last chunk and it's only 1 char long, then there's no optimization
there...