zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shraer <shra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why is the myid file needed?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:09:17 GMT
Hi,

Yes. However this will only work as long as long as you don't loose too
many VMs at the same time - a quorum (at least half) of the servers still
need to have their data (snapshot files and transaction logs). As long as
this is true, they can elect an up-to-date server among themself and this
leader then will get all other servers up to date.

Alex