zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why ZK uses TCP instead of UPD (IP multicast)?
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 00:35:06 GMT
The protocol that zk uses, zab, relies on TCP to guarantee ordered delivery
of messages. Without this transport-level guarantee we'd have to do more
work to ensure correctness. It's a nice simplifying element of the
protocol. You can read the original papers or various parts of the
documentation and wiki such as
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/Zab1.0

Best