zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatic ZooKeeper version detection/extraction?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:49:29 GMT
Thanks Jürgen!

We'll make use of that in SPM <http://sematext.com/spm/>, thanks.

I see Ani (hi!) replied with info about 4 char commands, which we could
also use, but if you think about apps that already connect to ZK JMX (think
of this as an API) to gather info about ZK, it might be cleaner to expose
the version via JMX, too, so they don't have to have logic/code for
connecting to ZK JMX to get things like metrics, and then also connect
another way to run this one ZK command that grabs the version info.

Otis