zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Eason Liao <liaoyishen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does Zookeeper handle this situation
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:41:36 GMT
It's possible that D, E have more recent data, and the data of D, E will be
discarded if they join leader. This is fine as long as the data is not
COMMITTED.

We consider the transaction is committed only if the transaction is
persisted in the log of majority servers. In this case, if D, E have the
committed data, then at least
one of A, B, C will also have it. So the committed data won't get lost.

Hope this answers your question.