zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From craig w <codecr...@gmail.com>
Subject zookeeper configuration file, does each server have to have exact same server.x information?
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 11:52:11 GMT
I am trying to get Zookeeper running on Kubernetes (http://kubernetes.io/)
and as a result each server in the quorum has a slightly different looking
config file. For example, in the 3-node quorum where I have 3 hosts (named
s1, s2 and s3):

s1 zoo.cfg
-----
server.1=0.0.0.0:2888:3888
server.2=s1:2889:3889
server.3=s1.2890:3890

s2 zoo.cfg
-----
server.1=s2:2888:3888
server.2=0.0.0.0:2888:3888
server.3=s2.2890:3890

s3 zoo.cfg
-----
server.1=s3:2888:3888
server.2=s3:2889:3889
server.3=0.0.0.0.2888:3888

As you can see the server.x lines are a bit different. With Kubernetes,
each host will have a proxy that forwards traffic the appropriate host. For
example, the proxy on s1 would have an entry that says "all traffic
destined for port 2888 will go to s1:2888", "all traffic going to 2889 will
go to s2:2888".

When I start up the zookeeper servers in their logs I see things like:

logging INFO "Have smaller server identifier, so dropping the connection:
(3, 1) and then WARN "Connection broken for id 1, my id = 1, error =
java.io.EOFException"

Any ideas how as how to debug further to figure out what's going on?

I am using Zookeeper 3.4.5.

Thanks,
craig