zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rob Lally <rob.la...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a guide to setup the development enviroment with Zookeeper Codebase
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 04:11:34 GMT
If you run:

	ant eclipse

in the project root directory, it will produce an Eclipse project for you. You'll also be
able to open the eclipse project in IDEA if you'd prefer that.

R.

On 31 Oct 2014, at 17:15, Tom <bit1129@163.com> wrote:

> Thanks Wendy.
> The problem that blocks me is when I fetch the codebase from zookeeper SVN, there is
no .classpath/.project information (For eclipse)in it,and also it is not a maven project.
> So,did you configure the classpath by yourself when you accept the codebase? what IDE
did you use?Thanks!

> At 2014-10-31 22:24:21, "Wendy Smoak" <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://zookeeper.apache.org links to
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToContribute
>>
>> which has instructions on how to build the project with Ant.
>>
>> I'm trying it now -- initial observations are that the tests take a
>> LONG time and it's difficult to work on anything else while they are
>> running because the terminal window keeps stealing focus. (?) Not sure
>> what that's about, I don't remember it happening with other Java
>> projects.
>>
>> (If you need more help getting set up to build it, the dev list is
>> probably a better place to ask.)
>>
>> -Wendy
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:37 AM, bit1129@163.com <bit1129@163.com> wrote:
>>> I would like to fetch the zookeeper codebase,and compile/run/debug it in local
dev environment to get familiar with zookeeper from the code level.