zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Jürgen Wagner (DVT)" <juergen.wag...@devoteam.com>
Subject Re: Programmatic ZooKeeper version detection/extraction?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 23:02:55 GMT
Hello Otis,
  in fact, I try to avoid JMX altogether :-) You will find that the
ZooKeeperServer MBean also provides a getVersion() method.

additional thread that periodically reports into our monitoring
framework. This way, we don't have to rely on the slightly strange
security models of JMX, but can handle any protocol necessary. It also
does not require JMX ports to be exposed through firewalls shielding the
Zookeeper ensemble from the rest of the world - including the monitoring
sites. JMX would only be used for ad-hoc inspections of run-time
parameters. Well, I guess it is a somewhat religious issue whether to
use JMX or not.

Best regards,
--Jürgen

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards/Cordialement vôtre/Atentamente/С
уважением

Devoteam GmbH, Industriestr. 3, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 868-8725, Fax: +49 711 13353-53, Mobile: +49 171 864 1543
E-Mail: juergen.wagner@devoteam.com
<mailto:juergen.wagner@devoteam.com>, URL: www.devoteam.de
<http://www.devoteam.de/>

Managing Board: Jürgen Hatzipantelis (CEO)
Address of Record: 64331 Weiterstadt, Germany; Commercial Register:
Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6450; Tax Number: DE 172 993 071