zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Jürgen Wagner (DVT)" <juergen.wag...@devoteam.com>
Subject Re: Reconnection with expired session
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 03:59:27 GMT
Hello Cameron,
  there are two ways in which you can establish a connection to a
Zookeeper ensemble:

- simply connect

- reconnect

The second case is like the first, except that a session id and password
are provided to attach the client to the same session context as before.
What the second log excerpt shows is that Zookeeper refuses the client's
attempt to attach itself to a previously established session as there is
a zxid mismatch.

So, the two cases would have to be distinguished in the reconnect code.
I am not sure if there is enough information to distinguish these cases.

The consequence for the client is that if a reconnection attempt fails,
it also has the option to try create an entirely new session. However,
in that case the session initialization (e.g., creating some nodes,
placing watches) will have to be redone.

Best regards,
--Jürgen

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards/Cordialement vôtre/Atentamente/С
уважением

Devoteam GmbH, Industriestr. 3, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 868-8725, Fax: +49 711 13353-53, Mobile: +49 171 864 1543
E-Mail: juergen.wagner@devoteam.com
<mailto:juergen.wagner@devoteam.com>, URL: www.devoteam.de
<http://www.devoteam.de/>

Managing Board: Jürgen Hatzipantelis (CEO)
Address of Record: 64331 Weiterstadt, Germany; Commercial Register:
Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6450; Tax Number: DE 172 993 071