zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Jürgen Wagner (DVT)" <juergen.wag...@devoteam.com>
Subject Re: Best strategy to test Zookeeper
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 04:25:48 GMT
Hello Ibrahim,
  what I would do: as the order of request execution within one session
is guaranteed, just create one special znode after your real test has
been done. Then set up a watcher for this special node to get notified
when Zookeeper has finished processing all requests. This way, you will
get an accurate measure of completion time.

Best regards,
--Jürgen

On 11.11.2014 05:14, Ibrahim wrote:
> Hi folks
> I am benchmarking the performance of Zookeeper using five servers. I am just
> testing the write workload (CREATE node) in both mode (sync and async). The
> benchmark code is designed to measure the performance of a ZooKeeper
> ensemble for a predetermined length of time (e.g., sustained handling of
> create requests for 5 minutes seconds).
>
> It seems easy to measure the latency and throughput in Sync mode as there is
> not any process run in the background.
>
> Measuring latency Using Async mode can be achieved by stat command (four
> word command). However, I am struggling to measure the throughput in Async
> mode because when the 5 minutes elapsed, the requests are still processing
> in Zookeeper and after some time will stop. Also when I try to use the stat
> command I see the following output:
> Latency min/avg/max: 1/375/1259
> Sent: 201619
> Connections: 1
> Outstanding: 0
> Zxid: 0x1000ff2c7
> Mode: follower
> Node count: 1032597
>
> In the above output there is Node count, this can be expressed as total
> number of nodes created, but the finished time is unknown. I think it is not
> true to say the finished time is 5 minutes, because the processing request
> is not finished when 5 minutes are elapsed  because of Async mode.
>
> Can you share knowledge?
> How can I solve this problem?
> Can anyone advise me for best strategy of testing and measuring the
> performance of write workload in Zookeeper?
>
> Ibrahim
>

> --

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards/Cordialement vôtre/Atentamente/С
уважением
*i.A. Jürgen Wagner*
Head of Competence Center "Intelligence"
& Senior Cloud Consultant

Devoteam GmbH, Industriestr. 3, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 868-8725, Fax: +49 711 13353-53, Mobile: +49 171 864 1543
E-Mail: juergen.wagner@devoteam.com
<mailto:juergen.wagner@devoteam.com>, URL: www.devoteam.de
<http://www.devoteam.de/>

Managing Board: Jürgen Hatzipantelis (CEO)
Address of Record: 64331 Weiterstadt, Germany; Commercial Register:
Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6450; Tax Number: DE 172 993 071