zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Peon Quiros <daniel.peon.qui...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Session timeout parameter question
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 15:01:56 GMT
Hi Ivan, all,

If I didn't understand wrong, then if there is no answer from the server in 2/3 of the session
timeout, the client will search another server to connect to it. But, does it mean that once
the client is looking for a different server, it will connect to it even though in the last
1/3 of the session timeout the server eventually answers?

As it is stated below, the client has 1/3 of the timeout to find another server, but my concern
is what would happen if the server answers in that last 1/3 of the session timeout: does the
client keep the connection to the same server? Or on the contrary does the client connect
to a different server anyway?

Kind regards,

Dani.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Kelly [mailto:ivan@ivankelly.net]
Sent: jueves, 30 de octubre de 2014 13:43
To: zookeeper user list
Subject: Re: Session timeout parameter question

Yes, if the partition occurs 1/3 of the timeout past the last time the server has heard from
the client. If the partition happens just after the server has heard from the client and only
last 2/3 of the timeout, the session will probably not be timed out. The server will not timeout
a session until it hasn't heard from the client for the whole session timeout period.

-Ivan