zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "bit1129@163.com" <bit1...@163.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper sync operation with multiple clients
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 03:04:30 GMT
I think the answer the is no, if C's read happens after B's sync.
I wonder how you know Client B and Client C will connect to the same server?

bit1129@163.com

From: Vishwanath,Kartik
Date: 2014-11-20 03:10
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Zookeeper sync operation with multiple clients
Hi all,

I want to ensure simultaneously consistent cross-client views across ALL clients in my system.
Consider clients A, B and C, where Clients B and C are connected to the same server.
Client A performs a write, now to ensure that Client B sees the new value I can use the sync
api to sync Client B's view of the data from the leader.
If Client C now attempts to read the data and it was connected to the same server as B would
it also need to perform the sync operation?

I am using Zookeeper version 3.4.2

Thank you,
-Kartik