zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "bit1129@163.com" <bit1...@163.com>
Subject How does Zookeeper handle this situation
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:36:06 GMT

Hi zookeepers,

I got a question about leader election during ensemble starts up.   Say, I got five servers,
ABCDE, and start them one by one.
According to the election algorithm, ABC forms the majority, and then a leader is elected
among ABC. When D, E start up, they will follow the leader. What if D or E have more recent
data among ABCDE?
D,E's latest data will simply be discard? If this is case, this is a critical issue.

Very likely that I missed something how leader election works during startup, any explanation
on this? thinks.

bit1129@163.com