zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject Latency when the snapshot is taking
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:54:13 GMT
Hi folks,

I need to know the latencies when the snapshot is taking. Does the Zookeeper
have a class or command that can help me to find the latencies when the
snapshot is taking?

I manage to achieve this goal, but I don't think it is efficient and
accurate. What I did is that I log the time before and after the snapshot
method is invoked as following:

In class SyncRequestProcessor
--
LOG.info("snapshot starting");
 zks.takeSnapshot();

Then I compare the snapshot start and finish time with latency log time
(print in separate file). Then the latency time that comes between snapshot
start and end time, is the latency when the snapshot is taking.
Do you have efficient way to find my goal, or do you think my idea is good
enough?

Thank you
Ibrahim