zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Denis Samoilov <samoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cross DC setup - is it Ok for ZK?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 21:08:52 GMT
Camille, thank you very much! Very interesting read. I also found a thread
where you participated three years ago and found one particular comment a
bit confusing *"One quick comment. We do not require majority quorums in
ZooKeeper,  and one reason we implemented this feature was exactly to
enable more flexibility in deployments with multiple data centers*" (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-user/201109.mbox/%3C0B4CC52A-939E-4896-A269-50DC31E20AA6@yahoo-inc.com%3E
)
but this potentially contradicts FAQ: *"if the leader is in the non-quorum
side of the partition, that side of the partition will recognize that it no
longer has a quorum of the ensemble"* (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/FailureScenarios).

Where is the truth? :)