zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "bit1129@163.com" <bit1...@163.com>
Subject How zookeeper handles the split-brain scenario
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 03:21:48 GMT
Hi Zookeepers,
I am wondering the mechanism that zookeeper takes to handle the split-brain scenario :  two
or more parts of the system make progress independently, leading to inconsistent behavior.
Looks to me that as long as the mojority of the assemble are still working, there would no
split brain problem? but I don't clear understanding on this, and also could not understand
how it keep the assemble in consistent state.

Could someone explain this?

Thanks!

-Todd