zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "bit1129@163.com" <bit1...@163.com>
Subject Re: Strange behaviour in Leader election
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 03:01:15 GMT
When you start the five servers one by one, and the server 3 is the 3rd server that you start
, then you will have the server 3 as the leader always, this is what the zookeeper election
algorithm does.

bit1129@163.com

From: Ibrahim
Date: 2014-10-28 04:04
To: zookeeper-user
Subject: Strange behaviour in Leader election
Strange behaviour in Leader election

I have 5 ZooKeeper servers. When I start running the Zookeeper, there is
always one particular machine elected as leader and the other is follower.
For example, assume we have machine 1,2,3,4, and 5. When I start the
Zookeeper, it always elects machine number 3 as leader. Note that before I
start Zookeeper I delete all DataDir and log  files (information history).

I expect each new run I see different machine elect as leader. But this does
not happen.
Question:
What criteria does election algorithm use to elect a machine to become a
leader?

Thank you

Ibrahim