zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <fpjunque...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Strange behaviour in Leader election
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:35:35 GMT
Consider making the configuration and the server logs available somewhere so that we can have
a look.
-Flavio

     On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 4:29 PM, Ibrahim <i.s.el-sanosi@newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:

 Hi bit1129,

I went back to my cluster to run it again to monitor and confirm your
thought. Unfortunately your answer wasn't what I have seen.

Assume we have servers 1,2,3,4, and 5. I tried the following tests:
Run1: If the start order is  1,2,3,4,5, then server 2 is elected.
Run2: If the start order is  2,1,3,4,5, then server 2 is elected.
Run3: If the start order is  3,2,1,4,5, then server 2 is elected.
Run4: If the start order is  3,1,2,4,5, then server 2 is elected.
Run5: If the start order is 1,2,4,3,5, then server 2 is elected.
Run6: If the start order is 1,2,5,3,4, then server 2 is elected.
-
-

You see, whatever the start order is, always server 2 is elected.  Except if
the server 2 is not one of the three first starter servers. For example, If
the start order is 1,3,4,2,5, then server 2 will not elect as leader. I
understand that because the leader will elect as soon as we have a quorum
(at least 3 server).

Thank you

Ibrahim