zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject Strange behaviour in Leader election
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:04:49 GMT
Strange behaviour in Leader election

I have 5 ZooKeeper servers. When I start running the Zookeeper, there is
always one particular machine elected as leader and the other is follower.
For example, assume we have machine 1,2,3,4, and 5. When I start the
Zookeeper, it always elects machine number 3 as leader. Note that before I
start Zookeeper I delete all DataDir and log  files (information history).

I expect each new run I see different machine elect as leader. But this does
not happen.
Question:
What criteria does election algorithm use to elect a machine to become a
leader?

Thank you

Ibrahim