zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject Latency in asynchronous mode
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:56:42 GMT
Hi folks,

I am testing ZooKeeper latency in Asynchronous mode. I am sending update
(write) requests to Zookeeper cluster that consists of 5 physical Zookeeper.

So, when I run the stat command I get high latency like:
Latency min/avg/max: 7/339/392
Latency min/avg/max: 1/371/627
Latency min/avg/max: 1/371/627
Latency min/avg/max: 1/364/674
I guess such high latency correspond to fsync (batch requests). But I wish
if someone could help me and explain this behaviour.

However, testing Zookeeper using Synchronous mode, it gives me reasonable
result like:
Latency min/avg/max: 6/24/55
Latency min/avg/max: 7/22/61
Latency min/avg/max: 7/30/65

Note that the latency measures in milliseconds.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ibrahim