zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <fpjunque...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Windows 64 as prod environment
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 02:12:09 GMT
Jürgen's observation right, I just want to add that we also use it in production and life
is good.

-Flavio

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:09 PM, Jürgen Wagner (DVT) <juergen.wagner@devoteam.com>
wrote:

>Alvaro,
>  for reasons of operational requirements, we have to run a large
      SolrCloud cluster on 20 Win 2008 R2 nodes  at a customer site.
      Zookeeper is on that same platform. No problems so far.

>As far as I understand, the statement in the Zookeeper release
      document is not there due to the fact that there are known
      problems. It's just that noone has yet taken the official
      responsibility for a Windows release with full testing and
      maintenance obligations.

>In any case, I'd recommend to go towards 3.4.6/3.5.0, not 3.3.3.
>
>Cheers,
>--Jürgen
>

>On 08.10.2014 19:03, Alvaro Gareppe wrote:
>
>Guys, I'm planning to use a 64 bin Windows platform as production
environment. Someone has experience on that? what are the risks and problems I could
face vs an linux environment ? (For now linux is not an option for me.. ) Win is only supported
as dev environment according to this ( https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html)
I just want to
know the problems I could expect Thank you very much

>--
>
>Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards/Cordialement vôtre/Atentamente/С уважением
>i.A. Jürgen Wagner
>Head of Competence Center "Intelligence"
>& Senior Cloud Consultant
>Devoteam GmbH, Industriestr. 3, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
>Phone: +49 6151 868-8725, Fax: +49 711 13353-53, Mobile: +49 171
        864 1543
>E-Mail: juergen.wagner@devoteam.com, URL: www.devoteam.de
> Managing Board: Jürgen Hatzipantelis (CEO)
>Address of Record: 64331 Weiterstadt, Germany; Commercial
      Register: Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6450; Tax Number: DE 172 993
      071