zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From James Hardwick <jame...@gmail.com>
Subject jute.maxbuffer not working
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 18:22:02 GMT
Hi All,

I’m experiencing an issue on multiple hosts w/ Zookeeper 4.6 where Apache Solr filled the
/overseer/queue node too full and can no longer read from it, and now I’m trying to “rmr
/overseer/queue” to get things working again. Both systems have 200k+ child nodes of the
node at fault.

On both systems I set -Djute.maxbuffer=5242880 within the zkServer.sh throughout the cluster
and -Djute.maxbuffer=10000000 in zkCli.sh. On one system I couldn’t get this to work until
I set zkCli’s setting substantially higher than the zkServer’s, but I *did* get it to
work and have since cleared the queue for that given system.

However, I’m beating my head against a wall for our other system. I’ve set all of the
exact same settings and am having no luck rmr’ing the node. I’ve tried bumping the maxbuffer
settings to 2-4x as high and still no luck. Every attempt from zkCli results in "ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /overseer/queue"

I’m at my wits end here. I’ve checked everything over and over and cannot see any reason
why this should not be working. It appears as a correctly set JVM arg when I grep the zookeeper
process. Any advice from anyone is appreciated!

--
James Hardwick