zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mudit Verma <mudit.f2004...@gmail.com>
Subject zookeeper client side - multiple threads
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:23:28 GMT
Hi,

I have a program running with multiple threads. All the threads share the
same global ZK handle (connection) and each thread is issuing writes to ZK
cluster of 3 servers in a tight loop. However, I do not see any noticeable
performance improvement by increasing the number of threads.

I have couple of questions in this regard:

1. Does zk client side lib serialize requests from same connection (zk
handle), irrespective of threads?

2. Does zk client side lib performs batching when sending the operations to
one of the servers it is connected to?

Many thanks in advance.

Mudit