zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log dir locked after ZK shutdown
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:55:12 GMT
Hi Stevo Slavic,

I hope you are experimenting with standalone server. Please see
ZooKeeperServerMain#runFromConfig() to see how a standalone server can be
started/shutdown.  Also, you can refer ZooKeeperServerMainTest to see
standalone tests.

Yes, ZKServer#shutdown is not releasing all the resources, instead it is
only clearing. One reason I can see is - in case of quorum lost, before
entering into the next leader election phase it will only clear out all the
data structures maintained in its database by calling #shutdown. Server
will keep the I/O resources in hand as re-establishing resources is again
costlier one.

Regards,
Rakesh