zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Martin Grotzke <martin.grot...@googlemail.com>
Subject Reconfig without quorum
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:19:10 GMT
Hi,

is it true, that the reconfig command that's available since 3.5.0 can only
be used if there's a quorum?

Our situation is that we have 2 datacenters (actually only 2 zones within
the same DC) which will be provisioned equally, so that we'll have an even
number of ZK nodes (true, not optimal). When 1 zone fails, there won't be a
quorum any more and ZK will be unavailable - that's my understanding. Is it
possible to add new nodes to the ZK cluster and achieve a quorum again
while the failed zone is still unavailable?

What would you recommend how to handle this situation?

We're using (going to use) SolrCloud as clients.

Thanks && cheers,
Martin