zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: override server hostname
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:30:57 GMT
Hi Carl,

AFAIK reverse lookup problem has been fixed in 3.4.6 using ZOOKEEPER-1666. BTW, which is your
zk version ?

Regards,
Rakesh
-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Hörberg [mailto:carl.hoerberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 September 2014 22:29
To: Rakesh R
Cc: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: override server hostname

My bad, it was actually not working despite my previous email.

What I'm doing is using SOCKS (Dante) to connect to from an external client to EC2 VPC where
the zookeeper server is. This works fine for other connections, I can even nc/telnet to the
zookeeper server, but using the zookeeper java client library does not. Is it something with
the reverse dns thing you do? The client cannot reverse dns the internal ip, as it's still
using its own dns server.

On Wednesday 24 September 2014 at 16:48, Carl Hörberg wrote:

> No, sorry it's working, it's a problem somewhere else, apache kafka's cli tools seems
to something weird when connecting to zookeeper...

> On Wednesday 24 September 2014 at 16:44, Rakesh R wrote:
>
> > Hi,

tries to resolve and connect to the hostname that the server has set

> > Could you tell me how did you observe this?
> >

> > Are you using the following configuration in zoo.cfg to listen for client connections.
> > By default any address/interface/nic on the server will be accepted and bind the
'clientPort' to it. If not configured, can you try an attempt by configuring your public ipaddress
here.

> > clientPortAddress=public_ipaddress
> >
> > Could you see the logs to know the clientportaddress. For example, it comes like:
> > INFO [Standalone server with clientPort:11221:NIOServerCnxnFactory@683] - binding
to port MY-HOST-1/10.49.70.30:11220

(http://host.name)=ip-10-90-128-35.eu-west-1.compute.internal

> > But is it possible to override it? I've tried changing /etc/hostname but to no avail.

> > The problem I have is that when a client connects to the servers public IP it seems
like the connection is accepted but then the clients tries to resolve and connect to the hostname
that the server has set, so if the client can't resolve it, eg. in this case if the client
isn't in EC2, it won't successfully connect.