zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From James Hardwick <jame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jute.maxbuffer not working
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 20:52:54 GMT
We were setting it inline within zkServer.sh and zkCli.sh.

The problem turned out to be we weren’t setting it high enough. After further inspection,
we stumbled upon this tidbit…

"java.io.IOException: Packet len48536074 is out of range!”

…which is crazy! So we upped our maxbuffer to 50mb and were then able to clear the queue!
The fact that Zookeeper lets you get into this situation in the first place, combined with
the fact that Solr has a bug (fixed in 4.10) that could get you into this situation, is unfortunate.

--
James Hardwick

On Monday, September 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Esteban Gutierrez wrote:

> Hello James,
>
> In which configuration file and environment variable are you setting
> -Djute.maxbuffer
> ? ZooKeeper can pass in many places the JVM flags that could be used to
> define to pass jut.maxbuffer. Ideally zookeeper-env.sh (http://zookeeper-env.sh) under
the ZooKeeper
> configuration directory should be the right place where you export flags
> such as JVMFLAGS, SERVER_JVMFLAGS or CLIENT_JVMFLAGS.
>
> regards,
> esteban.
>

> --
> Cloudera, Inc.
>

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM, James Hardwick <jamesdh@gmail.com (mailto:jamesdh@gmail.com)>
wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I’m experiencing an issue on multiple hosts w/ Zookeeper 4.6 where Apache
> > Solr filled the /overseer/queue node too full and can no longer read from
> > it, and now I’m trying to “rmr /overseer/queue” to get things working
> > again. Both systems have 200k+ child nodes of the node at fault.
> >
> > On both systems I set -Djute.maxbuffer=5242880 within the zkServer.sh (http://zkServer.sh)
> > throughout the cluster and -Djute.maxbuffer=10000000 in zkCli.sh (http://zkCli.sh).
On one