zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Carl Hörberg <carl.hoerb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: override server hostname
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:48:21 GMT
No, sorry it's working, it's a problem somewhere else, apache kafka's cli tools seems to something
weird when connecting to zookeeper...

On Wednesday 24 September 2014 at 16:44, Rakesh R wrote:

> Hi,

tries to resolve and connect to the hostname that the server has set
> Could you tell me how did you observe this?
>

> Are you using the following configuration in zoo.cfg to listen for client connections.
> By default any address/interface/nic on the server will be accepted and bind the 'clientPort'
to it. If not configured, can you try an attempt by configuring your public ipaddress here.

> clientPortAddress=public_ipaddress
>
> Could you see the logs to know the clientportaddress. For example, it comes like:
> INFO [Standalone server with clientPort:11221:NIOServerCnxnFactory@683] - binding to
port MY-HOST-1/10.49.70.30:11220

(http://host.name)=ip-10-90-128-35.eu-west-1.compute.internal

> But is it possible to override it? I've tried changing /etc/hostname but to no avail.

> The problem I have is that when a client connects to the servers public IP it seems like
the connection is accepted but then the clients tries to resolve and connect to the hostname
that the server has set, so if the client can't resolve it, eg. in this case if the client
isn't in EC2, it won't successfully connect.