zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject does log to disk effect the throuhput and latency
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:08:53 GMT
I am modified Zookeeper in order to reduce the load on the leader (trying new
approach). I add extra code and only one new class to implement my approach.
In the extra code, I add some log.info.
When I compare modified Zookeeper (my approach) with original zookeeper, my
performance is not better than the original Zookeeper.

I am wondering here, does the log to disk effect the overall performance?