zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From jlindwall <jlindw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ramdisk for dataDir and dataLogDir?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:20:42 GMT
I simulated this situation by bringing down one node, deleting its version-2
directory tree, and restarting the node.  It rejoined and synched up to the
existing ensemble just fine.

>From that evidence and the verbiage in the admin guide, I'll trust in this
approach to work.  Of course, I realize when we bring up a failed node in
this manner it needs to do a full sync with the leader which will involve a
single SNAP transfer and some transaction log replays.  We are willing to
accept that price.