zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper a good fit?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:45:55 GMT
ZooKeeper’s raison d’etre is distributed coordination. Have a look at Apache Curator (http://curator.apache.org)
for usage examples.

-Jordan

From: Phil Burress <philburresseme@gmail.com>
Reply: user@zookeeper.apache.org <user@zookeeper.apache.org>>
Date: August 18, 2014 at 9:42:20 AM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org <user@zookeeper.apache.org>>
Subject:  Zookeeper a good fit?

Currently we have a cluster of machines running a single application. The
cluster performs various background tasks and we have a hacky, home-grown
solution for the nodes in the cluster to coordinate with each other to
perform these background tasks. It's very error-prone and we're looking to
replace it. Would Zookeeper be a good fit for coordinating something like
this? If so, are there any lightweight examples out there we could look at
it?

Thanks very much!

Phil