zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Write throughput is low !!
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:09:35 GMT
Here is the standard graph of ZK tps:

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/images/zkperfRW.jpg

If you are doing 100% writes with 5 ZK instances, 5K tps sounds right. You can get more tps
if you switch to 3 instances. The real question, though, is why are you doing so many writes?

-Jordan

From: Mudit Verma <mudit.f2004912@gmail.com>
Reply: user@zookeeper.apache.org <user@zookeeper.apache.org>>
Date: August 14, 2014 at 10:50:53 AM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org <user@zookeeper.apache.org>>
Subject:  Write throughput is low !!

Hi All,

We, at our company, have a modest Zookeeper lab setup with 5 servers.

During our lab tests, we found that somehow we can not go beyond 5K Writes/Sec in total with
roughly 100 clients (all the clients issues writes to different znodes in a tight loop). Can
someone point me to the official numbers? Is this a good number for Zookeeper or it can scale
much beyond?

I understand that, parallelization by writing to different znodes will not increase the throughput
as there is only one log underneath.

PS: Lab is hosted on a high speed network (1gigbit/sec) and network latencies are far lower
in contract to the the numbers we have.

Thanks
Mudit