zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Zookeeper client transactional logs
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:36:34 GMT
Hi Zhou,

These are ZooKeeper transaction log files. ZooKeeper needs the latest
snapshot file and the latest transaction log file to function
properly. You can use
autopurge.snapRetainCount to automatically delete the ones you don't need.

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.6/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_maintenance

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Zhou Yu <Zhou.Yu@thehutgroup.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to set up a apache storm cluster with storm kafka using zookeeper. Everything
is running fine, expect I see
> huge unreadable files being created while the cluster is running. They are located in
/tmp folder, along with the zookeeper
> dir, they are named similarly to
>
> f2291425-a2d5-490b-91fc-3f886801d39f
>
> and there a few of them. The folder with the biggest files has a subdirectory called
version-2, and the files are named similarly

> log.1fda8
>
> Do you guys know what logs they are and how I can deal with them if I don't want them
to bloat my disk? (I tried removing them
> periodically but then at some point the storm cluster crashed due to not finding the
file).

> Thanks a lot!
> Zhou Yu
> IT Intern
> The Hut Group<http://www.thehutgroup.com/>
>
> Tel:
> Email: Zhou.Yu@thehutgroup.com<mailto:Zhou.Yu@thehutgroup.com>
>
> For the purposes of this email, the "company" means The Hut Group Limited, a company
registered in England and Wales (company number 6539496) whose registered office is at Meridian
House, Gadbrook Park, Rudheath, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7RA and/or any of its respective
subsidiaries.

> Confidentiality Notice
> This e-mail is confidential and intended for the use of the named recipient only. If
you are not the intended recipient please notify us by telephone immediately on +44(0)1606
338197 or return it to us by e-mail. Please then delete it from your system and note that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying is strictly prohibited. Any views
or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

> Encryptions and Viruses
> Please note that this e-mail and any attachments have not been encrypted. They may therefore
be liable to be compromised. Please also note that it is your responsibility to scan this
e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We do not, to the extent permitted by law, accept
any liability (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any virus infection and/or
external compromise of security and/or confidentiality in relation to transmissions sent by
e-mail.

> Monitoring
> Activity and use of the company's systems is monitored to secure its effective use and
operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using these systems will
also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective use and operation and for other
lawful business purposes.