zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Zookeeper in a legacy system
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 14:15:00 GMT
All,

I discovered ZK when I set up my first Accumulo db.  Since I've been
reading, but everything I see tells me how to code a ZK client.  Before I
jump into such a thing, I'd like to gain a better understanding of exactly
what it is I need to do.

Using Acc as an example, my current installation has each Acc node still
reading from it's respective config directory .  Q: If I wanted to get each
node reading from ZK, am I going to be writing some kind of script that
reads ZK, then programmatically starts Acc and sets the config items?  or
is there an easier way?

I also have multiple tomcat and mysql instances that could benefit from
this.

Thanks

--
There are ways and there are ways,