zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From S├ękine Coulibaly <scoulib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper for storing huge centralize data and Max possible No of zNodes - Please advise
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:43:52 GMT
I've no experience of such a deployment. Depending on your read/write
access pattern, this might be a fit for Zookeeper. However, if you
intensively use watches, I'd say the performance will be hit.

Do you use Zookeeper for other purpose than your K/V store ? Why don't you
stick to a distributed database instead ? Some of them do offer watches
such as Redis which offers keyspace notifications (beware, in-memory).
Others will need to be hacked since AFAIK they rarely offer watches
(MongoDb, Cassandra...). This will do the job,

Maybe others will have others ideas.