zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mudit Verma <mudit.f2004...@gmail.com>
Subject Write throughput is low !!
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 15:50:16 GMT
Hi All,

We, at our company, have a  modest Zookeeper lab setup with 5 servers.

During our lab tests, we found that somehow we can not go beyond 5K Writes/Sec in total  with
roughly 100 clients (all the clients issues writes to different znodes in a tight loop).
 Can someone point me to the official numbers?  Is this a good number for Zookeeper or it
can scale much beyond?

I understand that, parallelization by writing to different znodes will not increase the throughput
as there is only one log underneath.

PS: Lab is hosted on a high speed network (1gigbit/sec) and network latencies are far lower
in contract to the the numbers we have.

Thanks
Mudit