zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From mufc_fan <rajeshkumarit8...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: zookeeper in hadoop
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 09:08:33 GMT
thank u for ur response...I have one doubt..In name node high availability,
from documentation, it  states that "each of the NameNode machines in the
cluster maintains a persistent session in ZooKeeper. If the machine crashes,
the ZooKeeper session will expire, notifying the other NameNode that a
failover should be triggered"

According to my knowledge "if namenode creates an ephemeral node in
zookeeper, when the machine crashes the node gets delete which triggers the
watch event so that standby name node creates new ephemeral seesion with
zookeeper and becomes new namenode".

what my doubt is from documentation if namenode maintains an persistent
session and the created node will not be deleted and how will it trigger
standby namenode"