zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Zookeeper in clustered setup/
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 21:27:53 GMT
hey Lalit,
I'm not familiar with Apache ManifoldCF, but the configuration sounds a bit
strange. You've essentially got two independent ZooKeeper clusters set up.
They won't communicate with each other at all. I'd presume that if you've
got a database shared between your ManifoldCF instances, that you'd also
want your ZooKeeper cluster to be shared between these two instances.

In this case, you'd normally run your ZooKeeper nodes across both sites (2
+ 1, or 3 + 2) and then have both of your client (ManifoldCF) nodes
communicate with this cluster.

Having said that, there may be a reason that ManifoldCF uses two
independent clusters that don't communicate with each other, I'm not sure.

cheers
Cam