zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <fpjunque...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Unbalanced client connections
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:57:40 GMT
Hi James,

Are you using the C or the Java client binding? What's the OS? I'm asking because there is
an issue with the randomization of the connect string on Windows we found, but I haven't created
a jira for it yet.

-Flavio

On Friday, July 4, 2014 10:41 AM, James Mulcahy <james_mulcahy@apple.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I run a 5 node ZooKeeper ensemble, with ~900 clients connected at a given time.  I’m
noticing that at any one point in time, all the clients are generally connected to the same
ZooKeeper node.

>Looking back over the graphs I have which track this, there has only been one brief period
where one node didn’t have >90% of the clients; and during that period, two nodes shared
roughly 50% of the clients each.

>Is this expected behaviour?  Is there anything I can do to tune this, to encourage the
clients to be more balanced?

>My expectation was that the clients would self-balance — I thought I’d read that somewhere
in the documentation, but I can’t find a reference for that now.