zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper C++ Client
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:31:14 GMT
I know Mesos uses ZooKeeper and it was written in C++. But, I haven’t looked closely at how
they use it.

-JZ

From: C Scott Andreas scott@paradoxica.net
Reply: user@zookeeper.apache.org user@zookeeper.apache.org
Date: June 17, 2014 at 12:30:18 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject:  ZooKeeper C++ Client

Hello,

Is there a modern, tested, and recommended C++ client for interacting with
ZooKeeper? I've seen a few references around the web to spikes toward an
implementation and a couple examples on GitHub, but am not aware of many in
active use. I'd be interested to hear if anyone's aware of current work in
this area.

The zkfuse package in contrib wraps the C client but appears purpose-built
and does not ship with a test suite. Canonical examples of use of the C
bindings also seem rare; it looks like the docs are marked TBD
<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.6/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_programStructureWithExample>

–
though Flavio's written a very helpful example
<https://github.com/fpj/zookeeper-book-example/tree/master/src/main/c>
distributed
with the O'Reilly book for 3.5.x. If there is not a preferred C++ example,
is there a particularly high-quality wrapping of the C lib that's
recommended as a starting point for implementing one?

Thanks,

– Scott