zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: How to set a watch for a deletion of a node?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 17:44:11 GMT
Have a look at Curator. It has a recipe to do this exact thing: PathChildrenCache

https://curator.apache.org/curator-recipes/path-cache.html

-Jordan

From: xytd yang.xiang@teradata.com
Reply: user@zookeeper.apache.org user@zookeeper.apache.org
Date: June 9, 2014 at 12:42:49 PM
To: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject:  Re: How to set a watch for a deletion of a node?

The thing is I don't want to set a watch on that particular child node. I am
using the parent node as a container table and I would like to be notified
through a Watch mechanism any of my child is being deleted and which child
is that (via a node path).

That way I don't have to set a watch for each child node when it is getting
created and I can track it on the parent node level only.

Isn't there a way to get around this please?

Thanks for the hints,

Yang