zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mudit Verma <mudit.f2004...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Watch: One time event -> Loss of event
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 18:46:00 GMT
Sorry!! we can set the watch while reading itself.

On 12 Jun 2014, at 08:43 pm, Mudit Verma <mudit.f2004912@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don’t think your solution will work. For example, somebody might change the data
between you reading the data again for comparision and you setting the watch. You just can
not gaurantee no operation will occur between reading and setting the watch, unless you use
transactions (so that reading and setting the watch both go atomically).

> Also, in your solution, I will have to keep the previous data for all znodes (where I
want watches). That’s like replicated everything locally as well.