zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "James A. Robinson" <j...@highwire.org>
Subject Re: How to set a watch for a deletion of a node?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 17:34:21 GMT
You can just set a getData or exists watch on the node you are interested
in.

>From the documentation at
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/zookeeperProgrammers.html:

getData() and exists() return information about the data of the node,
whereas getChildren() returns a list of children. Thus, setData() will
trigger data watches for the znode being set (assuming the set is
successful). A successful create() will trigger a data watch for the
znode being created and a child watch for the parent znode. A
successful delete() will trigger both a data watch and a child watch
(since there can be no more children) for a znode being deleted as
well as a child watch for the parent znode.