zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "James A. Robinson" <j...@highwire.org>
Subject Re: Asynchronous API's and monotonicity
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 19:07:43 GMT
On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <
rakeshr.apache@gmail.com> wrote:

> But this behaviour may not be same if we perform operations through
> different clients. Here network delays or other factors may cause different
> clients to see a change.

I'm assuming the other important factor is to ensure that he's
either got a single control loop dispatching the async calls to
his zookeeper connection or that he's coordinating the threads
himself to impose ordering.

Otherwise, if one has threads x1 and x2 running in parallel,
he'd have no guarantee which thread dispatched its async
call to zookeeper first.

Jim