zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shraer <shra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic reconfiguration: New participant server opens wrong ports
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:22:53 GMT
when you say "change its static configuration", what exactly do you mean ?
this part of the configuration should be located in the membership file
(dynamic part of the config). do you use the reconfiguration API to change
it (this is the right way) ? do you manually change it at all/some of the
servers (this would have no effect because servers read these files only
when they boot) ?

In the scenario you describe I expect server 3 to come up. Its possible if
you changed the config files manually that during sync with the leader the
leader pushes the old config to server 3 that it has in memory (since the
files you updated are not read) that's why it effectively has the old
parameters.

Please use the dynamic reconfig API when you make changes to existing
servers or add/remove servers.

the "config" command in CLI can show you what config is latest at the
server you're connected too (if I remember correctly there's also a 4
letter command). You can also check the config file(s) of server 3 after it
syncs with the leader. I suspect that it will contain the old config.

Alex