zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Cluster node deletion is not notified in my watch
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 21:19:46 GMT
Hi Users,

I have a module which orchestrates job between another component which is
clusters and they store their data in to ZK. When cluster nodes go down
ephemeral znodes associated with them is delete. I can see that in zkCli.
Node data is like below,

/gfac-server/node0
/gfac-server/node1

But in my orchestrator I made a watch to the parent directory of the which
is /gfac-server. My code for watch looks like below.

zk.exists(ServerSettings.getSetting(Constants.ZOOKEEPER_GFAC_SERVER_NODE,"/gfac-server"),this);

zk.getChildren(ServerSettings.getSetting(Constants.ZOOKEEPER_GFAC_SERVER_NODE,"/gfac-server"),this);

and I can see that my watch is not invoking when the cluster nodes comes up
and going down. But I can see that znodes are creating and deleting in
/gfac-server.

Is there a special way to handle watches with ephemeral nodes ?

Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab