zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper cluster
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:39:48 GMT
Thanks all for the response but I still couldn't figure out why its not
working. If I configured the cluster it should give an error first place.
When I kill the leader it fails and at the same time when I kill a follower
and try to start it again it doesn't work either, but the other nodes in
the cluster works fine.

When kill the leader I see following error in one of the followers,

2014-06-13 09:35:37,215 [myid:1] - WARN  [QuorumPeer[myid=1]/0.0.0.0:2181
:Learner@233] - Unexpected exception, tries=1, connecting to /
129.79.247.5:2888
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Learner.connectToLeader(Learner.java:225)
at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Follower.followLeader(Follower.java:71)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeer.run(QuorumPeer.java:786)

I can see 129.79.247.5 is the other follower and something is wrong. But
what I do not understand is why this is not coming when I start the cluster
at the first place, because when I start the cluster initially it finish
the voting process successfully then one became a leader and rest became
follower.

Regards
Lahiru

--